It is with great urgency that I write to you today.
By nominating Chuck Hagel as Secretary of Defense, Barack Obama has given us a preview of a second term that will be even more anti-Israel, more accommodating to the nuclear ambitions of the Iranian mullahs, and more willing to befriend the terrorists of Hamas and Hezbollah. In Hagel, Obama has selected someone who is fully on board with his catastrophic policies, and worse, is willing to act as an undertaker for American power, which will be drastically weakened by huge cuts in our defense budget...cuts even outgoing Secretary Panetta has warned against.
The Hagel nomination is one of the "radical transformations" Obama warned us he would carry out when he was first elected, and it must be stopped. Based on his record of hostility to Jews, Israel, and American military supremacy, Chuck Hagel will be a disaster as Secretary of Defense.
- Hagel was the only senator out of 100 who refused to sign the American Jewish Committee's 1999 statement against anti-Semitism in Russia.
- Hagel was one of only a handful of Senators who refused to sign a bipartisan letter to the European Union to add Hezbollah to its list of terrorist organizations.
- Hagel strongly opposed the enhanced interrogation of suspected al-Qaeda terrorists after 9/11 that helped prevent more terrorist attacks on our homeland.
- Hagel voted to invade Iraq and then, almost immediately, joined the left in attacking the efforts of our troops on the ground.
- Hagel currently serves as Chairman of the Atlantic Council, a foreign policy blog. On December 11, 2012 the Atlantic Council published a front page article titled "Israel's Apartheid Policy," appropriating a term, "apartheid," which Israel's bitterest enemies use to justify calls for its annihilation.
- Hagel referred to the "Jewish lobby" in comments he made in 2006, conjuring up the image of rich, powerful Jews pulling the strings of Washington which is a staple of the hate speech of jihadis and neo-Nazis.
This is why the Freedom Center is working overtime to educate our countrymen about what this nomination means. Americans need to understand the role Chuck Hagel will play in Barack Obama's plan to further distance our country from our Israeli ally, to negotiate with terror and to reduce American influence around the world.
Will you fund our efforts to warn Americans about Chuck Hagel by making an emergency, tax-deductible donation of $25, $50, $100 or more right away?
With your help, FrontPage Magazine is going to commission a series of investigative columns that probe the source of Chuck Hagel's anti-Israel and anti-American beliefs. Has he made other comments that show hostility to our key alliances and to the importance of our military? The Freedom Center will find out, while also educating politicians and policy makers, media figures and public service groups about what Hagel has said and what he believes. We will put this disastrous nomination under a high intensity microscope.
This is a fight about America's ability to fight. It is a fight about the fight between democracy and barbarism in the Middle East. It is a fight our country can't afford to lose. Chuck Hagel fought in Vietnam and for that we owe him a debt of gratitude, but he is not qualified for this battle. The Department of Defense needs someone at the helm who supports the military and is willing to use it to protect our country, and Hagel's past service should not provide immunity for a record of being anti-military and soft on America's enemies for the past two decades.
America deserves better, and so does Israel. That's why I'm so urgently asking for your support of the Center's efforts to sound the alarm about Hagel. So please, follow this link right away to make the most generous contribution you can afford to help us print the pamphlets, articles, fund the campus speeches and allow us to continue to be the Paul Revere of the conservative movement.
Thank you in advance.
President & Founder
P.S. Barack Obama's nomination of Chuck Hagel to be Secretary of Defense is a slap in the face to our military, Israel, and all of our allies. He was one of the most hostile U.S. Senators America has known during his tenure, and I fear he'll be the same way in the Pentagon. That's why the Freedom Center has launched an emergency effort to expose Chuck Hagel and we urgently need your help. Please follow this link right now to make a tax-deductible donation of $25, $50, $100 or more to support our efforts. Thanks—David
More information: http://www.iiacf.org/usa/news/ciac_co-chair_rep._trent_frankss_press_release_on_hagel_nomination/ / http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=pt&u=http://deborahsrour.blogspot.com/2013/01/chuck-hagel-obama-e-israel-20012013.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3DPoliticamente%2BChuck%2BHagel,%2BObama%2Be%2BIsrael%2B-%2B20/01/2013%26hl%3Den%26tbo%3Dd%26biw%3D1024%26bih%3D651&sa=X&ei=kpP8UL2PBIrw0gGVg4HwCg&sqi=2&ved=0CD8Q7gEwAA
GOD BLESSES ISRAEL AND SHALOM!