Dear Friend of Israel:
The reports out of Israel the last few weeks have been frightening:
- On Sept. 9, violent mobs attacked Israel’s Embassy in Cairo, forcing Israel to evacuate its entire diplomatic mission in Egypt.
- On Sept. 8, Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan threatened to use warships to escort the next flotilla attempting to break Israel’s blockade of Gaza, deemed legal by a U.N. commission.
- On Sept. 4, the Palestinians rejected another U.S. appeal to resume peace talks with Israel and abandon their harmful bid at the U.N. to recognize a Palestinian state within the pre-1967 borders and with Jerusalem as its capital.
- On Sept. 3, the U.N.'s nuclear agency said it is "increasingly concerned" that Iran has conducted experimental work to develop nuclear weapons.
- And in August, more than 200 rockets and mortars were fired into Israel from Gaza, while eight Israelis were killed in a sophisticated terrorist attack that was launched from Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula into southern Israel.
But as you watch these dangers continue to unfold, it is important to remember there is something you can do to help keep Israel safe.
You can work with AIPAC, and help ensure that our leaders in Washington speak out clearly and unequivocally that the aggressions shown toward our ally Israel must immediately cease.
We must ensure that Congress speaks out.
We must ensure that the administration speaks out.
We must ensure that America stands by its full commitment to Israel’s security assistance for fiscal year 2012, which is vital for Israel to be able to defend herself.
And we must ensure that America continues to pledge 100% of its diplomatic support.
We must do all of this, so that we can send a strong and loud message that America stands by Israel. And that any attacks on Israel’s security can be considered an attack on America’s security.
By joining AIPAC today you will provide the resources we need to work with Congress and the administration to stand with Israel at this critical moment as well as to stand with Israel as new issues arise in the weeks and months ahead.
Time is of the essence, so please don’t delay.
Thank you again for your support of AIPAC at this critical hour. Best wishes for a happy and healthy new year.
P.S. Please join AIPAC today and help to ensure AIPAC has the necessary resources to effectively help strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship in the coming year.
More donations: http://www.aipac.org/en/get-involved/donate-now
Take Action: http://www.capwiz.com/aipac/issues/alert/?alertid=51209611&type=CO