Search This Blog

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thank You, America!

July 28, 2011
Shalom,

Traveling around America for the past two weeks visiting Fellowship donors has inspired me beyond belief. The unapologetic support for Israel these patriotic Americans show has powerfully reminded me, once again, that Israel is not alone.

On my travels I have seen firsthand that our Fellowship supporters are a diverse group of people held together by the thread of faith. All of them — rich and poor, black and white, democrat and republican — have built their lives on a foundation of the Bible and God. And it is on this that they base their unwavering support for the Jewish state and the Jewish people.

When I arrived in Georgia, the first place I went to was a homeless shelter run by an organization that gives generously to The Fellowship. Pulling up to the shelter, I saw men and women of all different ages and races working together to build a wooden deck. Some wore crosses around their necks, while others sported colorful tattoos. I sat in my car watching them, praising God for the unity I was witnessing amongst His children. After a few minutes, I decided to join them.

As a Jew, I am always aware that anti-Semitism is a growing problem throughout the world. So I admit I was slightly hesitant to see how they would respond to an Israeli visitor. But as I slowly stepped up the stairs, the crew of workers greeted me with warm smiles and asked if they could help me. "Yes," I said, "I am here from Israel and have a meeting with the manager to thank her for her organization's financial support of The Fellowship." Immediately my fears dissolved as they collectively gave me big hugs, and told me how much they love Israel.

As the manager of the shelter stepped outside, she explained to me that people in her care are taught to love the Jewish people. "The homeless people that turn to me for help need blessings," she told me, "and God tells us clearly where the source of blessings is. Whoever blesses the Jewish people will be blessed, and I have seen that with my own eyes."

The manager herself has been fighting cancer for the past three years, but has suffered no physical side effects from the chemotherapy she undergoes regularly. "I have seen miracles in my life, and I attribute it to God's promise for those that support Israel," she said, with tears in her eyes. "I have been blessed." After I took a tour of their amazing homeless shelter, it was clear to me that indeed they have been blessed. And I was blessed to have witnessed the strong foundation of faith and Judeo-Christian values that is still alive and well throughout American society.

Traveling around America, I am inspired and my heart is warmed to see that so many individuals display a burning love for God and Israel. The promises of the Bible live on, and the prophecies that are being fulfilled through The Fellowship are recognized and appreciated. Thank you for always standing with Israel and the Jewish people, and welcoming me so warmly in the great U.S.A.!

With blessings,

Yael Eckstein

Source: http://www.ifcj.org/site/PageNavigator/eng/USENG_homenew
You and your church can help and support Israel: http://www.ifcj.org/site/PageNavigator/eng/involved/engage_your_church?s_src=rr&s_subsrc=EGW0900RXEXXX

Thanks God for everything! Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment